Nicknamed the “swiss cheese plant”, the Monstera deliciosa is famous for its quirky natural leaf holes. These holes are theorized to maximize sun fleck capture on the forest floor. Depending on the season and maturity of the plant, your Monstera could arrive with no holes just yet, and be sized to grow alongside you.
- Arrives in a nursery grow pot nestled in the planter
- Choice of small (5" diam) or medium (7" diam)
- Grow pot only measures 4" in diameter for small and 6" for medium
- Acadia is porcelain; has a drainage hole and plug
- Balboa, Grant and Hyde are ceramic; Hyde comes with drainage saucer
- Upcycled is made with recycled plastic; has a drainage hole and plug
- Limited Edition Grant has a removeable drainage plug
Bright indirect to medium light
Water every 1–2 weeks
You Might Like
Monstera deliciosa is a species of evergreen tropical vine that is a part of Araceae, the aroid family. Native to the Tropical Americas, it is one of the few aroids which produces edible fruit, hence the species epithet deliciosa. However, it's incredibly rare that a Monstera will flower or produce fruit indoors. Instead, this plant is famous for its beautiful broad green leaves with natural leaf-holes, called fenestrations, which have led to the rise of its nickname, ‘swiss cheese plant’. These holes are theorized to maximize sun fleck capture on the forest floor by increasing the spread of the leaf while decreasing the mass of leaf cells to support.
Become a Subscriber
Take the guesswork out of plant shopping and enjoy the element of surprise with our plant subscription boxes! Choose between our Classic or Pet Friendly subscription – and receive a houseplant in 6" diameter grow pot and 7" wide ceramic planter to display it in delivered to your door every month. All you have to do is water and enjoy.
→ Includes easy-care plant & chic ceramic pot
→ Plant variety changes month to month
→ Pause or cancel anytime after the first 3 plant deliveries