Large ZZ Plant
The ZZ Plant is characterized by its thick waxy green leaves. It is a great air purifying plant for beginners.
Arrives potted inside our ceramic planter.
Thrives in medium to low indirect light. Can tolerate bright indirect light. Not suited for intense, direct sun.
Water every 2-3 weeks, allowing soil to dry out between waterings. Increase frequency with increased light.
This plant is a succulent!
Zamioculcas zamiifolia, affectionately called the ZZ plant or Zanzibar Gem, is a tropical plant in the aroid family, Araceae. It is native to Zanzibar, Kenya, and Eastern Africa. You might spot large potato-like rhizomes under the surface of its potting mix. Having evolved in drier conditions than most other aroids, these plants have evolved rhizomes that store water to help the ZZ plant survive drought in its natural environment. The rhizomes are actually underground stems, and what you see above ground are the stems' leaves. Using these underground rhizomes, the plant slowly creeps over time to new locations, spawning new aboveground leaves along the way.Learn more
You Might Like
Join the Plant Parent Club, where all people are plant people! Our annual membership averages to just $3.25 a month — and is sure to unleash your inner green thumb. As a member, you'll enjoy:
- Free standard shipping on all online orders
- 10% off your online or in-store purchases
- Early access to new products and promotions
- Exclusive access to online workshops & events
- And much more!
Local In-Home Delivery
* Rates only valid for zipcodes in our service area.
- After you place your order, our team will reach out to you via the email address you used during checkout to pick a delivery date and time frame.
- Please allow 48 hours for us to reach out, Monday through Friday.
- Deliveries are made Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9am-4pm. We do not offer same day delivery.
- For the safety of our employees and community at this time, local deliveries are contactless. When we reach out to schedule your delivery, we will ask for instructions regarding leaving your order in your lobby, with a doorman, or outside your unit.
- Time frames are routed geographically. If you need to reschedule your delivery, a rescheduling fee will apply.
- If your online order contains additional merchandise that comes from one of our drop ship vendors, those items will be shipped separately.
- If your building requires a COI for deliveries, please be sure to request when scheduling with our team.
Your shopping cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping