If you’re looking to add some new plants to your home just in time for cozy season, we’ve got you covered.
Autumn leaves are falling, and we’re embracing sweater weather and cozy time at home. If you’re a budding plant parent or would just like to add a new plant or two, you’re in luck.
We rounded up 6 plant options that are fall-friendly, especially if your home is seeing less light than the dog days of summer.
1. Brighten Up Your Room with the Marble Queen Pothos
If you want an easy-to-care-for plant that grows quickly, the Marble Queen Pothos is for you. It can thrive in medium to low indirect light, and you’ll see lots of continuous growth from season to season.
2. Add a Snake Plant for Even Your Darkest Corner
If you have a room with low light, it will be no match for the low-light tolerant Snake Plant Laurentii. This Snake Plant can be placed in a spot that receives anything from bright indirect light all the way to low light, so consider it the most versatile plant pick you can add to your home.
3. Pick a Bird's Nest Fern for a Happy Pet
If you have a pet at home, the Bird's Nest Fern is a great, pet-friendly option that will keep you and your furry friends happy. Place it in any bright indirect to low light spot in your home for a happy Fern.
4. Get Moving with the Calathea RattlesnakeIf you need inspiration to get up and get moving (even when you want to sleep in), we recommend our Calathea Rattlesnake. As a prayer plant, this Calathea raises and lowers its leaves from day to night as part of its circadian rhythm, so place it in any bright indirect to low light spot (maybe your nightstand) as a reminder to go with the flow.
5. Hang Around with the Philodendron Green
If you want to use more of your vertical space this fall, consider the Philodendron Green. You can add it to a hanging planter in bright indirect to low light or train it to grow any way you like and make your home feel even cozier.
6. Complete Your Sill with the Pilea Peperomioides
If you’re in need of a fall-friendly plant for your window and windowsill and already have every succulent under the sun, diversify your plant collection with the Pilea Peperomioides. Add it to bright indirect to indirect light and watch it thrive.
Want some tips on how to get your plants ready for fall? Check out more on our recommendations for fall plant care here.
Get the dirt.
Sign up for our newsletter to snag 15% off your first purchase and keep growing your plant knowledge!