Snake Plant Laurentii
The Snake Plant Laurentii, or Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii', is a succulent plant characterized by its upright sword-like leaves with vibrant yellow edges. It is popular for its incredibly easy-going nature – it can tolerate low light and drought – and its air-purifying capabilities. The easiest way to kill this plant is to over care for it!
- Arrives in a nursery grow pot nestled in your planter choice
- Choice of small (5" diam) or medium (7" diam) planter
- Grow pot only measures 4" in diameter for small and 6" for medium
- Acadia is porcelain; with drainage hole and rubber stopper
- Balboa, Grant and Hyde are ceramic; Hyde comes with drainage hole and saucer
- Upcycled is made from recycled plastic; comes with drainage hole and rubber stopper
- Limited Edition Grant has a removeable drainage plug
Bright indirect to low light
Water every 2–3 weeks
You Might Like
Native to southern and central Africa, the Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii' is a cultivar of snake plant with yellow variegated edges. Snake plants are tropical plants that are also succulents. Often positioned as low light plants, they are actually medium to bright light plants that tolerate, but not thrive in low light. Like other succulent plants, they have a modified form of photosynthesis, where in order to preserve water, the plant opens its pores exclusively at night. However, since photosynthesis only happens with daylight, the plant stores carbon dioxide acquired at night for use during the day, and releases oxygen (one of the end products of photosynthesis) at night when the pores open. This helps it to maximize efficiency in cleaning the air, as found in study conducted by NASA.
Become a Subscriber
Take the guesswork out of plant shopping and enjoy the element of surprise with our plant subscription boxes! Choose between our Classic or Pet-Friendly subscription—and receive a new plant and ceramic planter to display it in delivered to your door every month. All you have to do is water and enjoy.
→ Includes easy-care plant & chic ceramic planter
→ Plant variety changes month-to-month
→ Pause or cancel anytime after the first three deliveries