In honor of National Cat Day, our Top 5 Feline-Friendly Houseplants! Don't fret if your cats take-up chewing on these fellas! Pot them in classic terra cotta or a planter of an equally substantial material so they'll be harder for your feline to knock over when rubbing up against them.
Our Top 5 Feline-Friendly Houseplants:
1. Watermelon Peperomia (Peperomia argyreia)
2. Rex Begonia (Begonia rex)
3. Staghorn Fern (Platycerium bifurcatum)
4. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum)
5. Pony Tail Plant (Beaucarnea recurvata)
Ways To Protect Your Plants:
- Put them out of reach (try a hanging-planter or a high shelf)
- Top soil with rocks to prevent your cat from using it as a litterbox
- Get some cat grass or catnip plants to divert attention
- Surround your cat's go-to plant with prickly cacti or aluminum foil
- Spray plant leaves with rosemary (most cats aren't fans of the scent)
Browse more of our favorite pet-friendly picks on our dedicated Pet Friendly Plants Pinterest Board!
P.S. If you'd like to share your favorite cat-friendly houseplants or ways to protect your plants, drop us a line below! Not sure how your houseplant stacks up? Check out the ASPCA's list of Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants.