With Memorial Day Weekend fast approaching - we thought we'd pull together some red, white, and blue inspiration to inspire you to get outside and enjoy the long weekend with friends and family!
5 tips for having a memorable Memorial Day
1. Embrace the color-scheme. Wear your white, red, & blue proudly! (We've been looking for a good reason to pick up this Madewell tunic.)
2. Cook classics. When deciding what to serve, stick with the summer classics - think hotdogs and hamburgers, sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, and a cold pesto pasta salad. For a desert, a classic vanilla cake pilled with berries. (Steal this Food52 recipe for Black Bean & Corn burgers. Yum.)
3. Decorate! String starry paper garlands, hang holiday lights, and pot plants in red, white, and blue planters. (We love these easy DIY String Lights.)
4. Say thanks. If you're not hosting, make sure not to show up empty-handed. A potted plant or bottle of wine will do the trick. Don't have time to grab something? Send a gracious thank-you note the following week. (Unlike cut flowers, a stylish potted plant is sure to outlast your weekend hangover.)
5. Remember. Although Memorial Day Weekend is a celebration, it is also a time to remember and honor the people who died while serving in our country's armed forces. (Fly our flag, thank a veteran, send a care package, or support a solider.)