Plants are awesome. They add style, purify air, boost productivity, and reduce stress. But like people, plants have different temperaments. Picking the right houseplant for you and your space is key. There are two significant factors to keep in mind when choosing a plant:
1. The amount of sunlight your space receives - bright light, moderate light, low light
2. The amount of attention you can provide - every day, every week, every month
The plants pictured above are perfect for a New York apartment and a New Yorker's schedule.
- ZZ plant - tolerates low light and tolerates neglect
- Snake plant - tolerates low light and tolerates neglect
- Bird's nest fern - prefers moderate light and a weekly check-in
- Philodendron silver - prefers moderate light and tolerates neglect
- Baby rubber plant - prefers moderate light and a weekly check-in
View more of our favorite easy care houseplants, and learn about the amount of light and attention they require to thrive, here.