Here at The Sill, we've been cooking up a few fun (indoor) activities for the season to keep us creative. Here's our favorite way to DIY your holiday tree decor using tools you already have at home. All you need is a sewing needle and thread, scissors, and the flowers of your choice. We chose carnations: easy to find at the corner store, the grocery store, or the flower shop - and equally easy on the wallet! The result: a beautiful crown or garland of blooms for your tree. Makes us a bit nostalgic for pops of popcorn - but this is certainly more chic!
- Snip the flower heads (sorry guys!)
- Poke a hole through the base of the flower using just the tip of your scissors, making it easier to guide the needle.
- String the needle and thread through each flower head, spacing them about 1/2" apart.
- Make sure you leave slack at the end so you can tie it around your tree and knot each end.
- Voila! You've just made a beautiful tree crown, or garland.